WiFi File Manager (Free) is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-03-27. The program can be installed on Android.
Wi-Fi File Manager / File Explorer (Free Version)
Manage files on your Android Device via WiFi through any web browser on your local network via a simple, clean, Web interface. Small and lean app. Runs as service. When running see it in the notification tray.
1. Turn on Wi-Fi on your Android device.
2. Run the app.
3. Browse http://IP address of Android:8080 (The app tells you).
Upload, download, stream or delete files. Create or delete directories.
Multi-file upload/download: Now supports ZIP file upload (asks on upload if you would like to unzip) plus option to create a zip file from a list of selected files. Note: Compressing files is CPU intensive, very large files may take a while if you have a slow device.
Configuration options (Menu -> Settings):
1. Port. Default is 8080. (Anything less than 1024 requires root.)
2. File downloads go to to new window Y/N. Default is Y.*
3. Use Default Directory (Y/N) / Default directory to use (/sdcard).
4. Use Password protection (Y/N) / Password to use (default is 'password').
* With downloads in the same window this application acts like a simple web server. Simply put the files for your website on your sdcard and point your browser at the HTML file(s), e.g. http://192.168.0.198:8080/sdcard/index.html.
1. Only files in /sdcard are usually writable.
2. Be sure your WiFi and/or phone sleep policy suits you. Configure in Settings -> Wireless/Networks -> WiFi -> [Advanced].
3. Only works on your own local WiFi network. Please don't expect it to work through firewalls or different networks.
** Free version limited to 50Kb upload / download file size.
WiFi File Manager (Free) (version 1.4) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 136 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.